Sunday, August 25, 2013

I Found a New Hard Off!


Last weekend I found a Hard Off I didn’t even know existed! It’s actually very close to my apartment. My girlfriend and I found it while we were riding bikes to Costco for some good old fashioned American style pizza. 

My usual Hard Off store is the one in Hachioji, but I’ve gotten a little tired of going there because the selection never seems to change very much. This new one, in Machida Tamasakai, is a combination Hard Off and Off House, and had great selection of 105 yen games in the junk bins.

I’ve had a bad taste in my mouth after lurking in the junk bins in Hachioji, but here the selection was much better. I found games that were actually desirable, like Panzer Dragoon and Persona!

I’ll definitely be visiting there again.

Here is a list of my findings:



A Famicom/Super Famicom RF switch in the box

Virtua Gun/Virtua Cop combo with box

Bahamut Lagoon CIB (SF)

Mortal Kombat II (GB)

Duck Hunt (Famicom)


Saturn:

Sega Touring Car Championship

Virtual Hydlide (laughably terrible but the cover art alone was worth 42 yen)

Shining Wisdom

Flash Sega Saturn Promo Disc

MYST

Christmas Nights

Panzer Dragoon

Sega Rally Championship

Grandia




Playstation:

Choro Q2 (Really fun 2P racing game)

Chase the Express

Saru! Get You! (Ape Escape)

Wild Arms

OverBlood

Vagrant Story

Persona

Ace Combat 3 electrosphere




All for under 3,500 yen!

Oh, I just won my first Yahoo Auctions auction-a non-AV Famicom console and game lot. I’ll post pictures and talk about my experience with Japanese internet auctions when the box arrives. Luckily, one of my students is helping me contact the sellers and transfer funds via ATM. That's one great thing about online auctions in Japan-no Paypal! 


No comments:

Post a Comment