Monday, August 26, 2013

Watt mann


I found some quality Konami titles at a recycle shop called Watt mann in Mukaigaoka (Kanagawa Prefecture). Google maps told me this was a Hard Off, but I guess it became a Watt mann since the listing was made in Google. Either way, the stores have a lot in common. Watt mann has a little bit of everything.

I thought their pricing on consoles was pretty high (¥8000 for a used Famicom) but the retro games were mostly between ¥300 and ¥1000.


I had never seen this style of case and artwork for Metal Gear Solid in Japan, so I decided to grab it even though I already own a copy. Same thing with Akumajō Dracula X: Gekka no Yasōkyoku for ¥1000, I don’t mind owning doubles of such a phenomenal game. It comes with a music CD, too!


This Street Fighter title isn’t quite a classic, but it looked strange and I like collecting strange things too.


I’m really stoked about Policenauts, though. This is a title I’ve been trying to get a hold of for a while and the packaging and presentation on this copy is great. The art book has some great animation cells and CG renders.


Here's a pic of the whole haul. Not bad!

Still waiting for that 3DO and Famicom! I wasn’t at home today, and I have a feeling that I missed the delivery. I’m on the Nambu Line on my way to Bubaigawara, so I’ll know soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment